I hit the sack. I've been too long, I'm glad to be back.
Whew, feels good to get that out of my system! Now back to business...
I guess by now you've figured out that I'm back from my publishing hiatus and I'm ready to rock and roll. I spent the last several months just spending time with family, reading, and writing at my own pace. But even with my self-imposed publishing break, I always knew I'd keep writing. Storytelling is in my blood. I feel incomplete and unproductive when I go a day without visiting my characters.
So what have I been working on? Here's what I have planned to release in 2015:
• NORTH STAR: (the third novel in the True North series). I know I teased this novel all over the place last summer, but it's almost, finally ready. It's the story of Franny, the waitress, and Drew, the sheriff of the little town in Alaska.
• ILLICIT | COMPLICIT | EXPLICIT: a trilogy of novellas about forbidden love. I can't say much about it yet but know that I've had an absolute blast writing it!
• THE UNTAMED SERIES (4 novellas in total): I know I released Untamed, the first novella, late last year then pulled it from publication a few weeks after. Unpublishing it was a tough move, and one that I didn't want to have to do, but I think it was the right choice given the circumstances. Truth was, because of holidays and birthdays, I just didn't have the time to finish the series. This time, I will make sure the whole thing is complete before publishing so that you only have to wait a week or so between each installment.
• I'm also planning on publishing a few short novellas throughout the year, those standalone stories that capture my imagination but just aren't long enough to turn into a novel. Hopefully you enjoy those as much as I enjoy writing them.
And if you're really curious, you can take a look at my Pinterest board. There you'll see most of my story visual boards (save for a few that I'm keeping secret! ;) ).
So I've taken some time off lately, mainly to celebrate the holidays and birthdays, but also to give myself space from writing. You see, this past year has been hectic for me. All three of my Berkley books came out in the U.S., I self-published Heading East (sequel to Finding West) and the first part to the Untamed serial, and was published in two anthologies. In between, I started several stories, almost finished two or three, and my busy brain is cooking up more.
In other words, I'm a little tired.
I'm burned out on writing at lightning speed, but mostly I'm fed up with marketing and the nowhere roads it leads me. Amazon changed their algorithms due to Kindle Unlimited, which resulted in sales dropping drastically. Add to that Facebook and their new policy that only a small fraction of my friends/likes see my posts, and you've got the makings of a really sad author.
So I've decided to take a hiatus from publishing. How long, I'm not sure. But don't worry, I'll be writing in the mean time so that when I come back I will hopefully have several things ready to publish. I'll be around on social media, so I won't be gone completely. Please keep in touch. :)
So I asked my FB followers if they'd hate me if I postponed the Untamed series to start on a new project that I've been obsessing over. Most people said I should do what I wanted, to let the proverbial writing sails take me where they may.
So here is the first chapter of that (yet untitled) new series. Tell me what you think!
Holding Out for a Superhero: A Multi-Author Box Set
*Superheroes do it better.*
From USA Today Bestselling Authors, Nana
Malone and V.J. Chambers, and Bestselling Authors June Gray and Joni
Hahn, four scintillating full-length romance novels featuring sexy
superheroes and the strong women that prove to be their weakness.
• Forsaken Protector by USA Today Bestselling Author, Nana Malone
Almost one year after escaping Gentech Facilities, Symone Jackson lives
in the shadows with her nightmares. Garrett Hunter thought he was one of
the good guys, but on routine surveillance of a suspected terrorist, he
discovers the awful truth…he’s not the only super human around.
• Vigil by USA Today Bestselling Author, V.J. Chambers
intern finds herself falling for a mysterious, sexy masked man, but then
discovers his secret identity is a rich playboy—who she hates.
• The Origin by Bestselling Author, June Gray
For someone with
unexplained powers, all Daniel Johnson wants is to live simply, detached
from the rest of the world. That is until a woman from the past talks
her way back into his life and he discovers that he is neither strong
nor fast enough to fight off the attraction.
• Agent M4: Riordan by Bestselling Author, Joni Hahn
finding the person responsible for his wrongful imprisonment, a former
enemy agent turned superhero falls for a psychologist who is being
pursued by a madman.